Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #113
Terence

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: Maryland
THOR #15350
Quote:
I bet there is an easy way to get at it from the inside.
One would think! The 25.6 has the fresh water tank and water pump under a closet running across most of the back wall (plus the bathroom in the corner). The closet has a set of 6 drawers below, and then a decorative panel below that. I see a few screws related to mounting that bottom panel, but it really doesn't look like it's intended for routine access. Maybe it'll all come off in a pinch for service.

It is easy to take out the drawers, although the openings are rather small and above the fresh water tank (with the pump below it). You'd need to be a contortionist to do any work on the pump from the drawer openings -- removing the outside shower looks easier but also a small opening.

Quote:
On all the Axis/Vegas units (and many other Thor's) there is a tap (discussed in this thread) before the pump where you can hook a hose to and feed antifreeze to the pump.
Thanks! Partially thanks to a custom modification I inadvertently made (one of the drawers was pulled out a bit when I extended the slide, and I haven't fixed the damage yet. I can provide instructions for anyone interested in making the same mod), and spending some time with my phone video camera to peer around, I found the antifreeze line. For others with 25.6s, it's a white hose with a white screw cap. Remove the lower right drawer, reach in and pull on hoses to find the one with one detached end. It'll reach basically to just outside the drawers. It should be easy enough to pull out blind, if you know it's there. That looks like the better place to blow out the lines (or run antifreeze into the lines), so I'm going to repeat everything to make sure I get the pump thoroughly cleared out.

That'll just leave shopping for a cover to put over it for the off season. Any recommendations?

-Terence

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum