Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 05:36 AM   #29
VinnieSmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 4000
State: Tennessee
THOR #13587
There's 3 parks right next to each other near Opry, and Jellystone (Yogi Bear... where I've been living for almost a year) is no longer owned by that chain - it's been kinda secretly bought by KOA, and it's in a bit of a transition period right now. The nice thing about the former Jellystone is that it has 100% pull-through sites (gravel slips with gravel roads), where KOA and Two Rivers appear to have majority back-in sites, if that matters to you at all. The facilities and the sites themselves seem to be much nicer at KOA and Two Rivers, and the prices are about the same at all three. We were recently surprised as full-timers with a $100 per-person, over two occupants, bump in the rates, which was described to us as a (KOA) corporate policy. I'm just glad my stay is nearly over.

Anyway, from all three parks in Pennington Bend (the only place in Nashville proper where there are any RV anything) there are pay shuttles to downtown, and it's also a fairly easy drive. There's plenty of hotels in the region as well- kinda an Opry-based touristy area- much cheaper than staying downtown, but still heavy with tourists. The RV parks at Percy Priest Lake are farther east of Nashville, closer to the airport, and appear to be seasonal, so check their availability. I don't know if the shuttle service reaches that far, but driving would be a fairly easy hop onto I-40. We had originally checked into Grand Ol' RV Resort, which is farther north of town in Goodletsville, in the next county up, but had heard it was kinda sketchy, and right up on a well-used railroad line, on the property of a converted farm, with spaces where the rigs are practically bumping into one another, so we steered clear.

If you have specific questions, please let me know. We split time between Nashville and Franklin- which we call home even though we don't sleep there- and have gotten to know the area quite well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum