Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #18
Moorefamilyhill

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #17062
Updates:

Headboard is simply a piece of wood veneer brad nailed to the wall. Came off easy:

installed deadener @ 100% coverage in bedroom. Floor seemed less robust overall back there with more hollow/booming sound when jumped on. Aslo generator is right there so noise control is welcomed.

Floor went in easy with simple cuts overall:

*sry if some photos are dark, lighting in the rv at night is not the greatest. I have been looking into bulbs for the overhead lights that are brighter (increased lumens)

Of note, I covered the vertical walls with matching floor, not sure if I like it. Time will tell with that. But the are much quieter when my toddler crawls/climbes them now.:

Onto the trim work: back here I went with white trim per the wifes request; it came out good thus far. I am really leaning on adding some bead board as a sort of waynes coating to the wall and this trim allows a future addition.

I still have more trim to lay and will get completed pics when its all done. I had to install a small spacer on the barn style door to clear my trim:

spacer stock, of note this was loose upon inspection.

small wood spacer:

Also I bought noico 80 mil from amazon due to the 2 day shipping however the foil is much thinner and product had a small asphalt smell on install. Butyl layer seems thinner than the sonic barrier stuff from PE. I would recommend the sonic barrier as it is cheaper and IMO better.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.