Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 01:19 AM   #114
Terence

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: Maryland
THOR #15350
Quote:
For others with 25.6s, it's a white hose with a white screw cap. Remove the lower right drawer, reach in and pull on hoses to find the one with one detached end. It'll reach basically to just outside the drawers. It should be easy enough to pull out blind, if you know it's there.
Addendum, which I'm sure is covered earlier in this thread if I had read closer. In addition to finding the antifreeze line, you also need to reach down and shut off the valve running from the fresh water tank to the pump, or your compressed air will backflow into the fresh water tank. I suspect it also needs to be closed if using the pink stuff, or the pump would just suck air from the tank.

This valve is very difficult to reach in the 25.6. It is at floor level, adjacent to the fresh water tank, about 9 inches from the back wall. If you can manage to follow the antifreeze line, follow that to the floor and towards the back wall and you can hopefully feel out the shutoff valve. You may need to dislocate your shoulder to be able to reach it through the drawer opening. LOL. My custom mod (see above) was a great help, but ultimately I wouldn't recommend it.

Once the valve was closed it was easy enough to blow out all the lines, although overall I suspect it takes longer than the pink stuff (my compressor only has a 2 gallon tank, and I run ~20 tankfuls through to get all the lines cleared). One of these days I'll even remember to get the toilet before thinking I'm done and packing up everything!

-Terence

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum