Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
First Visit to Thor Factory Service Center

So I just got to the Thor Factory Service Center to have some warranty issues addressed with our 2020 Magnitude SV34.

The one reason I stuck with Thor has been the responsiveness and flexibility of Thor Factory Customer Service. I have had two new rigs and they have sent me parts under warranty and even reimbursed me for out of pocket repair expenses.

I'm fortunate. I had this appointment booked for my Outlaw 29H and I was able to use it for the Magnitude after trading in the Outlaw so I was able to get in for warranty service only a month after buying it.

I have been working with Sally in the Service Center the past couple weeks in prep for my visit and she has been tremendous. She has been very responsive and helpful throughout the entire process.

When I got here she met me with Mark who will be leading my repairs to go over my list.

I have already fixed and upgraded several items but I still have a fairly long list of items in just a month. Here is my current issue list and I will keep you updated with how the process goes.

1) Replace Awning Fabric (Hole discovered during PDI)
2) Replace Retractable Sun Screen next to Dinette (Damage discovered during PDI)
3) MobilEye Not Working / Erratic
4) Induction Cooktop stopped powering on
5) Fresh Water Leak Inside Coach (I think the ice maker supply line is leaking)
6) Left Turn Signal Camera Not Working Intermittently
7) Inverter shutting down while driving and running fridge
8) Sound Bar Remote Missing Button
9) Shower Floor Flexing Near Drain
10) Freezer Door Does Not Seal Tight
11) Outside Slide Seal Falling Off
12) Slide Floor Seals Not Sealing Plumbing / Electrical openings to outside
13) Leveler Zero Calibration Check (coach is a little low in front when level... this might be normal for roof draining)
14) Bed Support Wood Splitting

Most of these should be easy fixes... but the concern is the MobilEye may take some time. It is newer and specialized technology and they said they may need to call in a tech from Mobileye.

I did learn when I got here that you can schedule work for coaches out of warranty and pay for the parts and labor. I thought this site was only for warranty work so it is nice to know they are an option over a dealer or other shop... if you don't mind waiting 6 - 9 months to get an appointment.

I was talking to some folks here getting repairs done on their Class A and the service people actually told them not to take the factory tour. They said if you saw the breaches in quality during the manufacturing process you would want to be screaming at the people on the assembly line. One of their issues was the windshield leaking and wind noise. The dealer told them they were being too picky about it. When the service center got to it they found the windshield was not completely installed at the factory and it could actually be moved if you pushed on it.... that is a scary thought!

The customer lounge is not much but at least they have WiFi so I can get some work done during the day. My plan is to grab a hotel room tonight (I'm assuming they won't get it all done in a day and it may take 3 with the MobileEye). Unfortunately the temps will be in the 20's at night here the next few nights so I winterized the coach last weekend. They even said they will be turning off the water in the parking lot tonight for people using it and staying in their coaches overnight.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum