Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #12
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
So I have a little good news already about MobilEye.

I passed Dave's info along and one of the Thor Tech's stopped by to tell me that he was on the right track but they do know what the issue is and it is related to the camera / sensor.

Apparently everyone with MobileEye installed by Thor at manufacturing has been reporting similar problems. Thor started working with MobilEye to determine the issue and resolution.

It turns out the positioning of the physical camera / sensor housing was the issue when it was mounted on the windshield.

MobilEye had two resolutions.... replace all of the camera / sensor modules with a different version so the camera / sensor was positioned properly for the coach. The other options was to simply remount the camera (and is a remounting kit available which is basically just new adhesive). Both options supposedly fully resolve the issues.... which is what Dave confirmed in his post.

Thor has already started addressing the issues with MobilEYE and they have the remounting kits in stock so they are getting a kit from parts and going to re-position the module to the proper location. They then will have me take two of their technicians for a ride around 3:00 to test it before they wrap up for the day at 3:30.

I thought MobilEye would take the longest to fix so hopefully it will be as simple as Dave and the Thor techs say it is. I figure the rest of the items should not be too difficult but sometimes what should be easy turns out to be a harder than expected.

Hopefully I am back on the road home tomorrow by the end of the day.
Chris

Make sure they re calibrate it after they change the position. Mine had to go to a Mobile Technology shop for the calibration and that is why they were about 3 or 4 days late in delivering my coach. Since Thor is doing the installations maybe they have the calibration equipment there.

The calibration process starts at about the 4:30 point on this You Tube video.

Good luck and hopefully it works out.

Question, does you mobile Eye include the optional Highbeam Control functions? IHC is an option and not standard Mobile Eye.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.