Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 11:58 PM   #19
Mlleml

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
THOR #11919
Front end whistle

2018 Windsport 29M
The whistling noise on Windsports and others is well known. Was so loud I couldn’t hear the radio. Many articles posted here in the past. The cause is the design of the grill. The openings in the grill whistle while driving, especially at highway speeds. I worked with my dealer and Thor sent a screen that mounts behind the grill to create different geometry of the openings. Simple install, just use zip ties to connect it to the existing grill. If you don’t have a dealer u can probably go directly to Thor about it but have heard some folks have difficulty with that. Confounding that it’s still an issue, can’t imagine why they haven’t addressed it yet. This fix assumes your windows are closed right etc. if you search this forum you can find some of the old articles, some with photos.
Hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum