Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #20
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
So I just heard back from General RV in Canton, OH.

Before I go into his response.... let me say I try to always be fair with people because I would like people to be fair with me. If I complain about something I still try to acknowledge the positives as well. While I may not be happy with some things at General RV I will say the Service Manager there has been extremely responsive and positive in his communications and very professional.

So the good news.... he said they drive to Indiana once or twice a week to pick up parts so he is going to see when he could get the Theater Seats to the Thor Service Team so they can complete all of my work. He said he would get back to me in a day or two.

Next, he went through all of their work orders and did not see where any bodywork that was done by General RV on my coach while in their possession. He went on to say they have made significant investments in their own body shop and have a 65-foot side draft paint booth to do top quality body work and he sent me some pictures of it.

He also said they mix their own paint and he attached pictures of the color match computer system, camera to match, and paint materials in their mixing area. All of the mixing equipment and materials are supplied from the Axalta brand.

So with all of that... it is a mystery as to how the coach got some damage and someone tried to do a quick and dirty repair. Maybe it was damaged in transit? Or maybe coming off the assembly line? One thing is for sure someone used the touch-up paint to cover up the damage because those colors are now missing.

In any case, it will be fixed right and I should be able to let Wakarusa install the Theater Seats.

I am confident in the end everything will be fixed properly and I will be completely satisfied and I can store the coach for the winter and look forward to using it next Spring.

More to come....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum