Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
tanman32225

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Mandalay
State: Florida
THOR #11268
Not everything is at it seems..

We purchased our used MH a couple of years ago. I asked about the house batteries and were told they only charge when the genset is running or plugged into shore power. What a pita always on trips and worrying about my house batteries going dead and having to hurry to shore power.

A few months ago I began doing some research and found out most MH have the engine alternator charge the house batteries...

I was in CW out west and saw a tech so I asked him his thoughts.. He went to my coach and started checking it then came to me stating mine did not have a fuse spot. He said mine was not equipped for alternator charging.. Hmmm... I later looked at the fuse holder and the tech was holding the cover up side down.. duhhh.. I did have a fuse in the slot.

A couple of days later I was looking under my dash for a loose camera connection. I saw another fuse panel with a fuse that had a red led light next to it illuminated. I knew that was an indicator the fuse is bad. I replaced the fifty-cent fuse not knowing what it went to. Viola other things started working and my alternator began charging my batteries. Now when I travel my house batteries stay charged.

The moral is just because others tell you it will not work find out on your own through investigating the problem.

3 CW, and independent dealer and Thor steered me wrong. I small fuse and had I not had the ignition key on trying to find the loose camera connection I would never have seen the red light on.

Keep plugging until you find the problem and good luck

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.