Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:24 PM   #1
Richie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Texas
THOR #12938
Winterizing Quantum RS26/Four Winds 26B Questions

Began winterizing the RS26 today and thought I would review the processes often used by various MH owners and ask two questions.
Our previous coach had an external water bay with various valves, one of which was labeled "Winterize". This process drew antifreeze from the container and distributed it throughout the coach. Since the Class C does not have this feature I took a shortcut last winter and merely filled the fresh water tank with several gallons of antifreeze and ran the pump to distribute it through the plumbing and the tankless water heater. This process worked very well and had no negative effects. In the spring I drained the antifreeze, flushed the system and the tank and all was well.
This year I thought I would research an alternate if not better process. while examining the plumbing of the tank, pump, tankless water heater, low point drains, etc., all located under the dinette seat, I ran across a fitting (photo attached). This fitting is located at the hot water low point drain originating at the water heater output.
Questions:
Does anyone know the purpose of this fitting?
Other than using compressed air or adding antifreeze to the holding tank to pump through the system is there an alternate way to winterize? On my coach there is no inlet between the fresh water tank and the pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV PLUMBING.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	21351  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum