Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #7
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
AirLift 1000 - air shocks on front end of E450

I just completed successful install of Airlift 1000 air shocks on the front of my Vegas 24.1
It was quite difficult
1) jack up front (I used my hydraulic levelers on blocks)
2) remove tire & rim
3) compress front spring so that it can be removed far enough to access the top spring opening to insert Airlift bladder (hint: you need to purchase or rent spring compressors. I got mine from Amazon for $40)
4) insert bladder (hint: you must compress the bladder length-wise & tie tightly with zip ties. Like a hot dog)
5) position the bladder into place so that air valve clears the upper opening once in place
6) re-position front spring back into place, add the spacer & valve & hose to top of bladder, snip zip ties to allow bladder to form into shape
7) un-compress front spring & re-fasten into original place
8) fill bladder with air

At 40 pounds...the Airlift 1000 raises front end of my Vegas about an inch.
It also creates a very slight air space under my front SUMO Springs (vs prior to Airlift install the SUMO Springs we’re taking all of the weight/load & resting on the axle).

SUMOs now provide extra support, rather than all of the support.

The Airlift bladders can be inflated to 20-50 pounds.

It was an inexpensive mod (under $100) and allowed me to gain front end clearance and softer ride over rough roads.

PM me if you have any questions

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum