Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 02:16 AM   #1
smasiello

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #16254
Question Crappy stock batteries or something wrong?

We have been loving our Thor Challenger since we picked it up in July, but one thing that eats at me is how long our batteries (don't) last. It seems that anytime we are boondocked overnight the batteries get dangerously low, and have twice gotten low enough where I needed a jump to be able to start the rig. Thank goodness for Good Sam Roadside! The display shows BOTH the house and chassis battery levels get quite low. The last time we had to jump all we had running overnight was the heater (it was around 40 outside).

Is this a result of crappy stock batteries that came with the rig? Should I get some nice interstate deep cell batteries (had them in my previous Class C and they worked like a champ!)? The water level on the batteries is fine. Is there something that I should be doing when I am boondocked overnight that I might not already be doing?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.