Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #1
jbrophy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: South Carolina
THOR #3217
2016 Chateau 31L - battery issues

I am hoping someone can help me understand the relationship between the truck battery (Class C RV) and house batteries. We have had issues with both since we purchased this new in 2016. let's start with the truck battery - what should we do with it when we will be leaving the rig parked in the driveway for a couple of months at a time? I bought a black and decker 12v battery tender and that doesn't seem to help it from getting run down. Just this morning I had AAA replace it as it was dead dead. Also the house batteries are dead at this time - not sure what i will be doing for that situation yet. And, can't start the generator - push button and absolutely no sound or attempt to start - and this is with the newly replaced truck battery - so assuming the generator gets started from the house batteries? my question - how can i charge up the house batteries? there is a use/store button for the house batteries. when we get home from a trip we usually plug in the battery tender attached to the truck battery and leave the house batteries on use. and to add - i have the unit plugged into a regular house plug (30amp to house plug adapter) all the time when parked in driveway. any insight and intelligence on this topic would be greatly appreciated - not sure why - but i just can't get my head wrapped around the battery situation. thank you for any assist and guidance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.