Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: BBQ hook ups
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:21 PM   #32
Chuck and Mary Ann

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureTheSouth View Post
I thought about installing a converter and running a grill off the coach propane - but tank is on the opposite side of the rig from where we'll always setup the grill. Didn't want the expense of a hose that long, much less the hassle of storing and setting it up every time.

So I invested in a nice SS Cuisinart table-top grill that I can run off either 1-pound or 20-pound tanks. Large enough for our needs, and small enough to setup anywhere and easily store. Grill and a 20# tank fit nicely in one of the smaller basement doors on our rig. Been using this for about 16 months, and quite pleased with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CGG...s%2C269&sr=8-3
We had the same issue but where the black pipe for LP ended and the stove and water heater Tee connected took over (copper) I added another Tee and a cutoff valve, added 12 feet of hose and now can grill from the passenger side - the best part is that the gas connection is inside a storage compartment staying clean and safe from being misused. Bought the grill at Costco years ago and have been using the on-board low pressure for years. Was at a CW one time and the sales guy was selling a customer on a 25 lb tank, grill and such so I took him aside and showed him the parts he needed for his current grill. CW guy said it would not work - yup it does and has for about 10 years! This forum will save you a bunch of headaches!

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum