Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Phone Thor again and see if you get the same story from a different tech. It wouldn't be the first time mis-information (or incomplete information) has been given by tech support. If you go back upstream in the headlight circuit it probably is a single large fuse feeding both the high and low beam lights......but as you move closer to the loads from what I see on the Ford chassis fuse listings it shows the two low beams fed with their own 10 amp fuses in the fuse panel by the Driver's foot. (pages 77 and 78 in the link I provided). The ground is common so if high beams are working that's not the issue. Only the dash light switch and steering column multifunction switch in the mix; or a common low beam bad connection ahead of the two 10 amp fuses. The other interesting thing is if the 10 amp fuses are used in the low beam circuit, why would both blow.......which seems to suggest something upstream between the main headlight feed fuse and the separate fusing for the low beams. It would be nice if someone had the actual schematic that we could refer to. I am attaching the only dated (2004) Ford RV schematic I have which is likely not exactly what you have now.....but it may help. It shows the two 10 amp fuses on top right side of the diagram that jives with the fuse record for a 2016 F53 chassis posted previously.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Typical 2004 Ford F53 Headlight Circuit.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	21421  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum