Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 09:02 PM   #3
OldWEB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Re-seal tank fittings

OP, your other post stated "There is/was a gauge mounted to a float but that leaked and had to be turned to the 5’oclock position to stop the leak.".
Now just turning a fuel fitting to stop a leak IS NOT the proper repair. Also, "turned to the 5’oclock position" is not too technical as I dunno how many turns were done...

I suggest you go to the gas fitter (propane supplier) and ask him to remove the fittings and reinstall them properly with new sealant. Your fill valve may have a float on it and for sure your "gauge" will have one, so turning the gauge may have flipped its float and hit/damaged the float on the fill valve. This should be done with the complete tank out and 'pointing up' so the floats will hang down and not swing all over while being turned. My two cents.

Stay cool

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum