Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 12:33 AM   #4
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
I suggest you go to the gas fitter (propane supplier) and ask him to remove the fittings and reinstall them properly with new sealant. Your fill valve may have a float on it and for sure your "gauge" will have one, so turning the gauge may have flipped its float and hit/damaged the float on the fill valve. This should be done with the complete tank out and 'pointing up' so the floats will hang down and not swing all over while being turned. My two cents.
That's lined up. I just want to be in once and done - at least for now. These OPDs have a bad habit of going south so I'll probably be back in there in a year or more.

Stay Cool and be safe. If you can't be safe, be careful.

p.s. I caught that post on another forum. If I felt competent, I'd tackle it but this is gas and I know my limits. I also don't have the alum flange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191109_134406.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	21428  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.