Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Solar panel
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #23
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Remember that solar panel ratings are theoretical based on pristine and perfect conditions. If you install (2) 100W panel you likely will never have 200W of output... or even 190W for that matter.

I had (2) Renogy 160W Flexible Panels on my old coach and moved them to my Magnitude with the Go Power 10A Controller.

I have the 30A Renogy Rover MPPT Charge Controller from my old coach as well I am debating about using on my Magnitude. It was an outstanding Charge Controller for those (2) 160W panels. On a sunny day I could run the 5000BTU auxilliary A/C unit in the garage of our Outlaw without a problem. It also has an Equalization Mode for the batteries as well.

The only issue is the Renogy Rover Charge Controller is huge and heavy. I may look at another option to eventually replace the Go-Power 10A with a 30A.

Unfortunately you cannot get the direct replacement Go Power 30A Controller because the GP-PWM SQ Controllers are only sold directly to the RV manufacturers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.