Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #36
Jevad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 30D
State: New Jersey
THOR #13701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevad View Post
Hi Larry, To answer the question, I'm not quite sure. I live in the North East and haven't had the RV out the last 2 winter months.... but I'm looking forward to a trip coming up. After my last trip, I let the heat run for 24 hours, without having to perform my "Heat Thump". I've also gone out and run it twice during the winter (with moving the RV, and running the generator - just for maintenance purposes) and the heat worked. I spoke with the service Tech from the place where I purchased the RV, we both kind of suspect it is the "Sail Switch" - he is sending a new one out to me since they are relatively cheap and also asked to do some further debugging (measure if the switch is stuck closed) when/if it happens again. Having the spare sail switch with me wont leave me stranded and its a quick swap out.

Your problem sounds a little different since you are able to bypass and provide 12V to the thermostat. I would try and follow the wiring diagram, IF yours is the same as mine, there is a "Reset" switch, on the furnace that FEEDS the thermostat. you may want to check that to see if its lose/triggered or a wire is lose - check the voltages there.

UPDATE... well, what I had hoped would solve the problem didnt work. After limited testing in last winter where the furnace worked then I used the RV in the spring through the early fall so far without really needing much furnace/heat. my trips took me south and through hot summer months (note AC worked well, as needed on demand). As I prepped for a weekend camping trip now that the weather turned cold, I started running the heat and found the same problem occuring. I did have the replacement sail switch that the Dealer sent me, I swapped that out and now having the same issue occuring even with the new switch installed. So, something else is going on, wiring looks solid, again the furnace runs without a problem, but once it heats to desired temp the thermostat stops the heat, but doesnt restart. it works until I do my thump on the outside. I need help again to try and pinpoint what is sticking after the thermostat runs. (I really do NOT think its the thermostat (as I disconnecnt and reconnect without fixing).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum