Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #56
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

......cut......

I haven’t seen pictures of the smaller new floorplan with corner bed, so don’t know what sets it apart other than not having a generator.

......cut......
Found pictures of the 22XG floorplan and it’s pretty much the same as the Freelander except without generator, and with narrower over-cab bunk bed.

What sets it apart from Thor, Winnebago, and similar floorplans is that the rear corner bed swings up like a Murphy bed, creating an area where smaller toys could be hauled inside. It has a large door in rear for loading. Floorplan is very similar to Winnebago Travato 59G Class B, except much larger and roomier. Whether Murphy bed is better than typical large under-bed exterior compartment I suppose depends on what one plans to carry. One thing I don’t like compared to other corner bed floorplans is that they reversed bath and bed, placing bathroom on curve side. I’d guess that saves them a few dollars.

Regarding the “shorter” overhang in front to make a twin-size bunk bed, one question I have is what to do with large center bed cushion. It’s way too large to slide forward out of the way while driving, so unless it swings and stays up, it would need to be relocated. And to where? Either way it would leave much less space over the cab to carry stuff compared to many Class Cs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72300329-DA3A-4EDD-B3E6-6909C8E9354B.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	21475   Click image for larger version

Name:	79C4B9A5-BC95-4C7E-B86B-2AFA478F455D.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	21476  

Click image for larger version

Name:	7DB92D8A-D964-44D0-A073-4F9CCC1B23D1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	21477  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum