Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #1
Butch Jersey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #16783
Palazzo 37.4 winter use

Well we picked up our leftover 2019 unit the other day and are very happy with it. I few items added to the punch list but that was expected. Thanks to all who have answered my previous questions.

Living in NY it does get cold here and we use our RV pretty much year round since we do agility with our Collies. We do a lot of dry camping and have been in some pretty cold weather in the past. My question is what is the coldest weather I can expect to safely carry water in the holding tanks. We will have the Rv's furnace on while it has water in the unit. Also while traveling on the road when do I have to get concerned about freezing. My thought is again to keep the furnace on to help heat the unit.

We are leaving for a trial the end of the week and temperatures will be dropping to mid 20's at night and warming up to high 30' and possibly 40's during the day. I am currently undecided if I will leave it winterized or carry water with me.

Thanks again

Team Collie Coach
Butch

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum