Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #11
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Dave and RV1863-
Welcome to the forum! The search feature will give you lots of scary thoughts, it's a fact that forums always draw out unhappy campers. You may be one of the lucky ones that needs little or no warranty work.

We have a 2016 Vegas with E350 chassis, and have had minimal issues in 5000 miles and about 60 nights. Couldn't be happier. We bought in Ohio, due to a better deal than the dealer closest to the factory, and much better than the local dealers. Deliver cost to Florida is around 2Gs! Probably more to CA. Pays to shop around. The Ohio dealer was great, and a call to Thor will give you warranty servicing dealers in whatever area you are, traveling or home.

We had a problem with the dash air in Iowa. The first dealer I called said they could work us in in 4 weeks, the next one said, bring it in. Back on the road in a half hour, turned out to be a loose wire.

Our furnace started itself somewhere in Wisconsin. Rather than call Thor, I called Atwood from the number in the owners pack. They diagnosed a bad circuit board, overnighted it to our next stop, and told me to unplug the bad one. Simple to swap out, problem solved!

Seems C W service varies widely. I heard a new negative report just yesterday from a friend.

If you are looking for a Vegas or Axis, you'll find that the units in inventory are often 2015's, or have the E350 chassis, and yet they want the same price as a unit you order in the color you want. You will be smart to get a fresh coach, as they don't wait for model year changes to make improvements.

There are few option choices, and the dealers usually just load them up. I saw a great show price from General RV, (mentioned above), but it left off the options that the show model had. Gotta watch stuff like that. We ordered ours about 8 weeks ahead of the date we wanted to pick it up. We stayed the first night at the dealer. Had there been issues, we would have stayed longer.

The answer to whether owning an RV is worth the problems depends on the owner. Some folks love to tinker, some never owned a wrench. Some love adventure and exploration, some want maid service and room service. I have friends who sold their new RV after one trip, others traded in a new coach, and friends new to RVing who are having a ball.

As to the question about Thor quality, we found the Vegas/Axis to be a good value. Problems with refrigerator, water heater, furnace and A/C, water pump, drive train, tires, batteries, affect all brands regardless of price points. All warrantied by their manufacturer, not Thor.

Good luck with your decisions!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum