Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 01:17 AM   #7
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnieb View Post
I showed them the extended warranty and left them a copy. They replaced the motor, shaft, calibrated. $700 parts, $2300 labor, Yes I took it to the shop. He said, don't worry they will reimburse you. I pick it up Friday. I will not be taking it back to them again.

Then as far as I'm concerned, I would go to the top manager and tell them you are not paying a dime because they were made aware of the extended warranty and it was on them to get approval before starting any repairs.

I'd tell them they better get on the phone and start working with the warranty company to get paid for the work because that's what they should have done before beginning the repairs. If they didn't contact the warranty company, they should have informed you first before starting anything.

When it is covered under the manufacturers warranty, the dealer has to get approval from Thor, Jayco, etc. before they can order parts and start repairs to be reimbursed.

They should know the drill so this one is on the shop and I would not take no for an answer..... and then I would never go back to them again.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum