Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 12:29 AM   #15
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
We did the factory tour in Elkhart, at that time it was Wednesday afternoons only. All employees were gone, and a district sales rep did our tour. He answered all our questions, and didn't rush us out. We had a lot of questions. We have toured other RV factories, so knew what to expect. We were impressed with the tour and the plant overall. We recommend that tour to anyone with an interest in Vegas/Axis. There was a thread on this forum in June, something like, "Toured the Vegas./Axis plant today" where I went into a bit more detail.
There is a Thor factory video at this link: This video is NOT the Vegas factory, but the processes are similar. Sidewalls and cabinets are made at other plants, and the Vegas/Axis factory is really just an assembly and finish line.
We felt the same about doing our own delivery. The goal of the delivery person is to get that coach to the dealer asap. I don't remember ever passing a new coach in transit, but have been passed by many. I couldn't find any special break in for the Ford chassis, but I like that we drove all the miles except for the first couple hundred.
PS. Hope your C W in Golden is one of the good ones!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.