Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Oil change
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:16 AM   #9
raffaelli

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
He uses those type companies with fine faith on his cars. How is the v10 different?

You think the oil is different? An explanation of Castrol in a barrel being different than say, Castrol in a barrel three miles away at a Ford dealer...
Do we have any pics of the subpar filters and any proof of that filter ever causing an engine failure?

I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly and need to learn how the OP and I might be wrong.
I suggesting you don't use any of those places with 'fine faith' for any vehicle.

Going to those type of places is a real crap shoot. You can't be certain the oil is what they say it is, you can't be certain the oil filter is of any quality, you cant be certain they actually changed the oil, you can't be certain they tightened the drain plug properly, you cant be certain they actually added oil after they drained it, you cant be certain of a lot of things when you go to those places. The dealer is better, but not by much. The best thing to do is to find a reputable mechanic or do it yourself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.