Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #35
johnjr490

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: British Columbia
THOR #12480
Furnace issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Take the outside cover off and check. A common Thor problem even without "air vents". They have a habit of not installing the door gasket correctly and when water gets on or under the control board you get the experience you are having.
I have had living room furnace issues, always after a good rain or rv washing. Furnace will click every 2 seconds. I investigated and discovered water dripping on heater circuit board. I left the cover off (hot that day) and retried before dark, still had the same issue. I used the wifes hair drier to dry the circuit board and had no issues until we experienced heavy rain yesterday. I performed the same steps with the hair drier and folded a plastic freezer bag and gently installed over the board to divert the expected water as rain was forcasted (and received). I checked online when the problem first appeared and Atwood apparently provides a relocation kit to dealers, not customers. We are snowbirds in Arizona and I did not want to bring rv to dealer. Furnace functions properly with my fix although I do not suggest doing this as the relocation kit is the safe and proper way to fix an issue that you really should not have in the first place! Seals and everything else appear ok, I will investigate where the water is coming from when it stops raining. Bedroom furnace has no issues. We are living in our 2016 Thor Tuscany 36mq XTE. If anyone knows where to purchase an Atwood furnace circuit board relocation kit, please advise?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.