Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 10:56 PM   #11
Connieb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15410
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrophy View Post
I am hoping someone can help me understand the relationship between the truck battery (Class C RV) and house batteries. We have had issues with both since we purchased this new in 2016. let's start with the truck battery - what should we do with it when we will be leaving the rig parked in the driveway for a couple of months at a time? I bought a black and decker 12v battery tender and that doesn't seem to help it from getting run down. Just this morning I had AAA replace it as it was dead dead. Also the house batteries are dead at this time - not sure what i will be doing for that situation yet. And, can't start the generator - push button and absolutely no sound or attempt to start - and this is with the newly replaced truck battery - so assuming the generator gets started from the house batteries? my question - how can i charge up the house batteries? there is a use/store button for the house batteries. when we get home from a trip we usually plug in the battery tender attached to the truck battery and leave the house batteries on use. and to add - i have the unit plugged into a regular house plug (30amp to house plug adapter) all the time when parked in driveway. any insight and intelligence on this topic would be greatly appreciated - not sure why - but i just can't get my head wrapped around the battery situation. thank you for any assist and guidance.
We have a battery tender on truck battery with no issues. Make sure everything is off. The house batteries have a store switch, which I use and make sure the inverter is off . We have had no issues. Something must be draining them . Our truck radio, camera runs off the inverter. The unit also has a auto gen start that I make sure is off. Sorry, I can't help more good luck

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum