Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Blowout damage
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 03:32 PM   #15
telcoman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #12644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
We're not here to judge anybody's lifestyle...
(JK!)
We always hear the horror stories; but forget about all of the good stuff that exists all over the place...

I get this a lot and get a bit tired of it. Howerer I will address it. No one is going to deny there is violence down here. However, it is targeted violence, unlike all the random stuff happening these days at home. Certainly RVers are not a target. Of course you can always be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that is the case every time you get out of bed. I have had closer calls in the US & Europe than I have in Mexico. I was a block away in Tucson when Gabby was shot for example. I was also in London near the bridge when the incident happened there a year back. I was in Italy last year and saw streets blocked with armoured vehicles near tourist attractions to protect against nuts in trucks mowing down crowds. In my 20's I was held for a week by Fedayeen in lebanon. On the other hand, you have little defense against random violence, be it terrorist or some nut job shooting up a Walmart or shooting at people from a Vegas hotel room. Targeted violence you can generally avoid by not indulging in things that make you a target like buying drugs or bar hopping at 2 AM. I did not work 35 years to sit on the couch watching the NatGeo channel. That ain't living.

BTW as a matter of interest i run a Facebook group. I posted photos of that rig belonging to the couple murdered in Texas. The perps took the stolen RV into Mexico. A member of my group spotted it and called the state Police in Jalisco. They were captured and returned to the US almost immediateley. They were spotted very close to where I am right now

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum