Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 07:24 PM   #1
nosticks

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Heads up on Lippert Solara Awnings

When I arrived at the campsite, the last thing I do is extend the awning, All went well and it extended without incident. Then sitting there a few moments later, I glanced at the awning support arms for no particular reason and noticed one of the bolts missing at the point there the control arm meets the main arm. Upon inspection, the other side was crooked, devoid of it's star retainer, ready to fall out. They are secured with star rings. These star rings are pressed on and do not go into any grove in the retaining bolt, which is a specialty flat head bolt with no threads. Think if it as a large solid rivet. Scrounging around in my spare nuts and bolts, I found a get home short bolt of the proper diameter only with threads. I pushed it in the opening and gorilla taped it to keep it from falling out. I inspected the remaining balance on both sides and they were secure. They are used throughout.

Then upon arriving home, one on the other side slipped it's star ring and was barely on the hole only cooked. I left it alone. Tomorrow I'm searching for a better type of fitting and retaining device.

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.