Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 03:41 AM   #13
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTac View Post
Did the alignment and all tires checked at Sullivan Tire, big truck tire place. Hit no potholes ...

You state tires were “checked”, but were they balanced? Sounds like only the two front tires are in question. However, were they checked as in inspected for damage, or actually balanced?

What you are experiencing can be caused by a tire that’s not round (like broken belt as suggested by others), but most common problem is a tire that’s not balanced. The speed range you mention (62~69 MPH) is the front suspension’s natural frequency, so any tire problem is magnified.

My van’s front suspension worst speed is at 73~74 MPH, and when one of my front tires isn’t balanced correctly, it starts to shake at about 70, builds up at 73~74, and then disappears as I approach 80 MPH.

This kind of problem is magnified by poor shocks/dampers, but even new/good ones can’t correct for a bad tire or one that is significantly out of balance.

If shop did balance front tires in addition to alignment, then a more serious problem should be investigated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum