Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 01:48 PM   #11
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
No it's not. My Challenger never had a generator air intake and never once got hot, overheated or shut down due to being hot and/or overheated.

The class c we had before the Challenger never had a vent and the generator never shut down due to overheating. The current Accolade has an Onan diesel generator and does not have a vent and has not shut down due to overheating.

As to vents, if the manufacturer installs the generator with the clearances required by Onan it is not their issue and the problem becomes one of Onan.

I request that you quit firing shotgun blasts such as "every installation" and "in all RVs" unless you have witnessed every installation or owned all Rvs.
I didn't say there was a vent in the door. I said the air intake is within a few inches of the door - which it is. Open the access door and look at the generator's air intake - it is within a few inches of the door and 95% of people have no problem with the generator overheating.

Most of the overheating problems are with generators mounted closer to the engine and just behind the front tires where the Onan basks in the heat from those items.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.