Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 08:34 PM   #19
Big-Foot

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arizona
THOR #14921
2017 Vegas 25.5 - Single slide
Like you’re doing, I did my homework and new I was going to be making a number of mods and patching up shoddy workmanship. I really wasn’t disappointed..
The other responders have done a good job. Here’s my take on it in addition...
The one thing that I was not prepared for was how loud the cabin was going to be. The insulation package for both heat and sound to the engine compartment is almost non-existent. I insulated the small doghouse with 3/4” thick HVAC foam rubber for ducts, then topped that with DEI fiberglass-foil 800° insulation. Helped big time. I did more insulation under the removable dash top and other points I could reach.
We also bought memory foam toppers for the two beds in the back that make into a king if you want.
Honestly, I have never put the slide out on this camper and I seriously doubt that I ever will. Easily 75% of all the problems you hear about with any RV are related to the slides. I don’t want to join that club and don’t need the extra space from the slide.

Frankly, I think that these motorhomes should have 19.5” tires on them rather than the 16” they come with. A couple of people on the net have made the conversion and I may join them when it comes time to replace the rubber.

Another thing that may catch you surprise is the track width. Normally a class A will have the same track width front and rear. Not with the Axis and Vegas. The front track width is much more narrow. So when you pull up to the curb and have it cleared with the right front by a short margin, the right rear is now scuffing and climbing that curb. Oh, and you also tear up the plastic fascia panel that trims out the bottom of your door....

If I were to do it over again, I may have selected the Class C just to get a bit more quiet in the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B371562A-59BC-4E21-BDB8-5D996362B8B2.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	21642  
Midlothian, TX / Gold Canyon, AZ
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum