Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 12:00 AM   #17
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Tucson AZ RV Repair References

All,
Need your help locating a trusted and reliable Tucson repair shop. Save me from getting raped by some two bit ho. Please?

I finally emptied the tank to the point where it could be repaired and the guy I chose to fix the fill valve problem couldn't break the old valve loose. Neither could I. The valve 'nut' is smaller than the fill opening and you can't get a decent swing on it with a wrench. I fear one may have to drop the tank? I have the part on hand.

I need to get the fill valve and fuel gauge fixed and I'm looking for recommendations in the Tucson area that can handle it, or at least you would trust them with your rig to fix the problem and not get raked over the coals.

All input is appreciated. I'm looking for consensus? Thanks in advance.

As an aside, he was able to put about 6g of propane in the tank using a low pressure gravity feed and she took all he had. That leaves me scratching my head. Two prior attempts using a machine shut down after 1g. He said he's seen that before - too much pressure - and the attendant has to slowly fill the tank and open the bleed valve. While that workaround gets me back on the road, I need a permanent fix, knowing I could be back in there again somewhere down the road. After all, it's an RV and more so, a Thor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum