Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 11:22 PM   #13
vt800c

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #13629
The Echo Auto

I got my class c last year. I have an Amazon echo, three dots, four fire sticks, an Amazon fire 8tablet and a Google home in my house. (Not a fan of the Google..) I have two of the dots on a battery speaker, so I can unplug them and take them outside. Last year, the fire tab and a dot speaker went with me to spring baseball training in Florida. I streamed the output of the for through the Bluetooth function of my indash radio. I used my cellphone as a wireless access point. Liked it alot. Then I got the echo auto. WOW!!! I LOVE THAT THING!!! Connects to RV audio via Bluetooth, connects to the phone the same way, used a lot less data than using the phone WiFi. It is small on the dash, and gets it power via usb. Because it interfaces with the phone, and it uses the phone GPS, and mapping software it's location-aware. It's good to be able to see the phone screen for maps. You can say "find the nearest restaurant" and my map app comes up. It gives me the choice and I can select what I want. It then displays the directions to my phone. I can ask "find cheap diesel near me" and has buddy pops up with the info and directions including distance! (Came in handy when the RV said I had 17 miles left in the tank, and the nearest diesel was 11 miles away) because it's an echo, it can play my favorite music through the radio speakers, so who needs Sirrus XM? The only issue is I have my home devices to wake to "echo" but the RV only answers to "Alexa". But it's one of the best investments I made for my RV. It might not unlock the doors but I think if you ask it, it CAN whistle 'Dixie'!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum