Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 10:24 PM   #19
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Thanks.
The things I don't know, I Really don't know, so I always ask when I can't figure it out.
I needed to make sure that thing didn't benefit me.

I pay $160 a month for an AT&T cell phone plan for me and the wife with 12GB of data per month. We use the HotSpot feature often and on occasion we will hit our limit.

Since we are planning to spend 3 - 4 month a year in the coach in another 18 months or so, we would end up using data much more than we do now for the occasional weekend trips and our day to day lives. For $30/month unlimited date for Internet, streaming live TV and movies, etc., you can't beat the $30/month if you are going to use the coach a lot.

I also find the Winegard unit gets a better signal than my cell phone being on the roof. It also boosts the WiFi signal when your using someone else's WiFi. Most importantly... of you are using Internet to pay bills, access bank accounts, etc., it can offer a more secure connection depending on how you set it up as compared to using wide open WiFi.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.