Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: CHF F53 Ford
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #90
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
When I bought my first motorhome (a 26 ft Freedom Elite, class C) I thought the handling needed to be improved and did all the mods people rave about and took it on a windy trip out west and didn’t have any problem. I thought “cool!” it worked. When I traded on a class A I did the same mods and again didn’t have a problem. Then I traded on another class A and I took he steering stabilizer off the old one to avoid buying it again. Left everything else on it because it would be too hard to remove. Drove the new one 500 miles home in the wind and mountains and, surprise, surprise, I didn’t have any issues with it stock. I’ll probably install my steering stabilizer because I’ve got it and it’s easy to do but I don’t think I’m going to do anything else. I’ve come to believe that, while you CAN make it handle more like a car with thousands of dollars of modifications, there’s nothing inherently dangerous about the stock setup. It just takes getting used to. Just my opinion, of course.
Thanks for insight as this is kind of what I was trying to understand. I think the weight distribution / length on wheelbase is inherent factor. I drove 1500 miles in 4 days. Yes there were a few moments, but I have those moments in my SUV as well if I drive 65 mph and allow most everyone to pass me.

For now, I will not modify my brand new F53 chassis but I will look to add the Safe T Plus. I view the latter as additional support more so than modifying the design itself. I mean the Safe T Plus could break off, but nothing would happen. Just a $600 training wheel
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.