Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 05:40 AM   #19
71_340

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
I just got an advert for Unique RV Digest-It. Has anyone used it? What do you use for your black and grey tank maintenance?
Prior to replacing my old plastic toilet with a porcelain toilet I drained the black tank and flushed it with one of those flexible wands. After that I filled the tank about 3/4 full with water and dropped five dish washer soap pads in there and drove around for about 30 miles to slush things around.

Then I filled it up all the way as well and drained it. Looked kind of brownish so I repeated the procedure one more time and the water came out pretty much clear. I did it because I didn't want to stink up the entire RV while changing toilets. I can open the toilet valve now and don't smell anything. I also added the same soap to the grey tank.

I would consider that tank maintenance and will keep doing that at least every third time I dump tanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.