Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 24.1 insulation
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 01:00 AM   #1
emo666j1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #17503
24.1 insulation

Have read every thread about insulating for noise on my 2017 24.1. Did the dog house last year.--not satisfactory.
We run our RV usually twice a year- form midwest to southwest about 2200 miles --8 to 10 hours driving a day for 4 days. I don't run slow always at 70 or above as we get into Texas,New Mexico, Arizona 75 mph. Our normal conversation is WHAT?? Our tone is just below yelling to override the drone. this is on some what smooth surface . loud surface we are yelling.
Don't know where to start --have someone spray insulation under dash --will it hold to the black paper ??? Has someone got any ideas how to hold sound deadening sheets to the under side of the dash---Not much room??? Is this where I really want to insulate?? -- or is this futile adventure with a lot of effort and no satisfactory results?? My radio is of no use
by the way--I absolutely love my VEGAS for everything else

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum