Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 24.1 insulation
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 03:49 AM   #3
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
We have a fantastic new stretch of i40 here. Truly as smooth as pavement should ever be.
The doghouse is insulated on my 24.1, much will be added later including 200lbs of refractory cloth, but right now, just the dog house.

On that stretch of very fine, maybe the finest stretch of highway ever, the decibels count in my King Ranch is IDENTICAL to the decibel count in the 24.1.

We just don't have a problem until we're on bad road.
It's the bongos making a lot of the noise. The bins on each side tied by the bass chamber under the seats. They amplify the slightest bump and thump.
Open the bins and look from on side of the rv to the other. Tap the side of the bin. It's like thumping a five gallon Homer bucket.
Then the fenderwells are next as culprit. Cavernous things beating the air to death.
And close the roof vents.

Punchline:
Fix the bongos and see if you can live with it.
The insulation idea gets out of control quickly if you let it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum