Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 24.1 insulation
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 01:25 PM   #5
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I found my wipers(and I mistakenly bought the 32 instead of the 28 so if you come to the west coast meet I have a free set of 32 for you) fit very nicely in the outside TV bin.

I'm going to wrap my bins with one inch refractory cloth (the wooly stuff used in pottery kilns) because I already have it then wrap that in a water barrier all held with those 4ft zip ties or plumbers tspe(the metal straps with all the holes in it) you see at Lowes. But I'm VERY open to other ideas.
I've been wondering if roofing membrane was almost as effective as the sound insulating sheets they sell at such a high price. I bought some seam sealer used on roofs. It's 6 inches wide and looks a lot like that $12sqft stuff they sell as sticky sound insulation.

I think the crossover cure I'll try is storing blankets in the crossover.
I don't want to plug it in case I need it. Some harbor freight packing blankets and tarps might be handy to have one day and are easily displaced if I need that slot. The slot intrigues me and I know when I need it it'll be critical, but we travel light and anything long enough to need that bin will probably fit across the back of the basement. It's that 'probably' which makes me think blankets.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum