Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
True deep-cycle flooded batteries should last much longer than that if maintained properly and not discharged too deeply. I had no issue with my flooded house battery on Class C, and know of others over 5 years old. For van application a flooded isn’t as practical because they are normally installed under floor where they can’t be reached as easily.

Depending on manufacturer, the number of life cycles for flooded can be as high or higher than for AGM, so I wouldn’t expect a longer life just due to it being AGM. For convenience, no doubt AGM wins, but it comes at a higher cost.

Costco may warranty your batteries (at least partially) so if you haven’t tried that already, it may be worth a shot.

My biggest concern would be that if batteries met an early death due to some unknown cause, that the same thing could happen to the more expensive AGMs. However, it sounds to me based on your observation that they were probably not watered properly, or at all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum