Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Ford dealers
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #13
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiquecowboy View Post
Probably won't sell mine just can't understand why Ford doesn't have a special division for these type vehicles.I called all the numbers gave me all of them in my area said they do not have a lift and they cannot work on it. The gentleman I'm talking about spent $2,600 at one of these independent Shop and his engine is still knocking. Now they're telling them $10,000 for an engine. That's the kind of thing I worry about on the road. But no worries here life's about having fun . No sense in worrying about it till something happens then I'll worry.
There are quite a few folks on the forum that have had breakdowns on the road and found adequate service.

Here is one such link

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...blem-1911.html

FWIW I recently traded in the Challenger on a Super C on a Freightliner S2RV chassis. The local Freightliner dealer, about 3 miles from the house, will perform service on motor homes, however, there is a catch. For folks with a diesel pusher on a Freightliner chassis they only work on them one day a week and there is a 20.00 per hour surcharge on labor. Folks like me that have a Super C on a S2RV or M2-106 chassis can schedule an appointment anytime and we are not subject to the labor surcharge. The reason is accessibility to all of the engine and chassis components without having to tear half the motor home apart to get the things. A lot of discussion on IRV2 and Jayco about this very issue.

Basically, we all face challenges and how we deal with them is part of the adventure. Heck driving a coach 500 miles for service can be an adventure in and of itself. I may take my Accolade to the Freightliner Oasis service center in Gaffney SC for its first service just to see where the chassis was built and see what they are all about.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.