Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 11:54 PM   #9
CampTap

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #15490
Dont leave open

Never leave it open.
1) For starters the black tank NEEDS to build up liquids to push out solids if you leav it open all your liquids will run out and your solids cannot be pushed out.

2) sewer rats do live in the septic tanks or sewer lines the campgrounds or houses use if you leave it open they will find their way up into your RV and likely up the sewer vent and into the walls of the RV where they will completely destry the coach. Ask me how I know this...

3) that said My common practice it at the begining or end of each day Ill drain mine if I have hookups. Black tank first then gray tank to rinse the hoses and pipes I also always remove my hose and close the sewer access everyday so I have no chance of a rat finding his way into my tanks again...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum