Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
You can't just tell the people so close to you, you intimately travel with them
'don't touch that switch?'

For now, I put a post it sticky note over the panel saying heater winterized Do not turn water heater on.

When you looked for a circuit breaker, did you find one? I need to check manual to see if I can find , this is great idea; if I turn off the entire LP gas heater system to effectively render hot water switch useless

It sorta sounds like you're going to have people without any regard for you staying in your rv.
Are you going to airbnb it during the superbowl or something similar? No, no way I rent out our new RV. It is mine Since I have stored in my driveway, I am in and out of quite a bit. I don't think anybody would flip that switch, but note I said I don't "think". Heck I may even forget as I am the one most likely to flip to switch. My wife is still scared to shut door. It keeps opening on her when she is trying to close on inside. I finally figure out why. She has tendency to lift up on the inside handle; so the latch is open when it makes contact and opens back up.

Late edit:
OK, I found an instance where I might understand.
Are you going to use it as extra living space during the holidays for overflow guests? We're going to to do this.

Think of it as a man cave outside our garage now. During holidays and when we travel, I will likely turn off the bypass and allow water to flow back to water heater tank. My only objective is take the potential for any damage to hot water heater outside the equation when it is in my driveway when I know I don't have any real need for. At the same time, I still will have flowing water, but no hot water. If temperatures drop to 38 degrees or so, I can easily run furnace to keep the other waterlines warm or simply drain all of the water lines. If I drain the full fresh water tank, I could be dumping as much as 70 gallons.

If I were in Michigan and knew I would not use RV at all until next Spring this would not be in play. But I am in Dallas and we may go below 32 degrees maybe 5 times a year, and almost never below 27. But even if I were to drain everything, someone could still turn the water heater on by mistake. I was just surprise that the winterization procedure did not have a plan for that scenario as to me it (burning up heating element) may be more disastrous than frozen water line in water heater?

BTW; I dumped for the first time yesterday with my new Camco Rhino Flex. When I finished; I finally got a chance to use that San T Flush!!!! Oh the joy I ran it until all the water was clear, and my wife said what are we waiting on now
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum