Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 11:11 PM   #30
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
Bob - I agree completely. It all boils down to legality.

I’ll add another data point that many (?) of us may not be aware of. While it’s legal to transport a firearm throughout the US, you must know and obey the local laws. Just because something is legal in WV, for instance, it may be completely illegal in the state you’re in. So the traveler must be aware.
Being in an RV may also be completely different than being in a car. So we need to be aware.
For example. Several states are “duty to inform” states, which means that after “good morning officer” the next words need to be “I’m carrying a firearm.”
Know and obey the federal transport law when traveling through states that do not honor your permit. I try to avoid states that do not honor my permit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum