Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #22
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
hhmmmmmm.... it seems you should just keep your water heater ON all winter....hot water CAN NOT FREEZE!

Simple... don't fret it. Hot water in the tank is actually your BEST option, not the opposite. If you are plugged in, it's a no brainer.

Also, since water does not freeze until WELL BELOW 32degrees for many hours, especially for water lines WITHIN your RV, you don't need to over worry about the temperatures and your 'new' RV. It's quite possible in your area that you'll not need to worry about 'winterizing' at all.

Are you sure if the hot water meets 27 degrees it won't freeze Years ago in college someone told me a bottle of Jack cannot freeze. I had to stick it into a freezer to find out, but we drank the bottle so I never found out

My original plan was to set thermostat for furnace to 45, open cabinet doors and leave water heater on. But I had to read the owner's manual. I am just trying to do all the book says in part because I am fishing for something to be wrong or to not work. (knock on wood) This coach has worked marvelous to this point 5 nights and 1500 miles.

I don't need shore power for the furnace or the heater. I am actually plugged up now, but I have 50 amp breaker off. I am trying to see how long I could be standalone (boondocking) before having a problem. I have 1000 watt inverter which dam near runs everything. The fridge is off and door cracked open for air circulation.

Asa I learn more I may need to just turn 50 amp breaker back on and just let it rip. I just don't want to put undue hours on anything not needed
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum