Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
WearyTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Black tank flush out pump and inlets

I bought a "Camco Antifreeze hand pump." I tried to pump antifreeze into the "sewer tank flush" inlets.

On the front tank, I pumped about 1/3 gallon in, so I'm pretty sure that there's antifreeze throughout the pipe all the way to the black tank. However, when I unscrewed the pump's tubing, a bunch of antifreeze came back out. I thought that there's a check valve in there that's supposed to prevent backflow?

On the rear tank, the inlet would not let any antifreeze in. It appears to be blocked internally. I pumped and as soon as the pump's tube was full, it wouldn't let me pump any more. I tried to pump harder and it popped the tube off. I'm ASSuming that the check valve is malfunctioning or that the tube / pipe is blocked somehow. How do I rectify?

Am I supposed to do something special to make these flush inlets work?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.