Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #14
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
Yep - they’re a bit larger. I’m also thinking, hopefully correctly, that with AGM I can use them more than the flooded before they go below the threshold. My thinking is that with the originals, at 410 AH, I could go 205 hours before damage. With agm you can below the 50%, correct?

Either way, they’re on the way and hopefully I didn’t make a bad decision...

You didn’t say what brand you got, but for the most part AGM and flooded can be discharged about the same as long as they are true deep cycle. Performance cycle life versus depth of discharge curves from manufacturers sometimes favor the flooded.

Regardless, since you mentioned in other thread you usually stay in campgrounds and don’t plan to boondock much, that much battery capacity should be fine anyway as long as you take care of them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum