Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
Mackeroni

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #17546
New Member - RV Anxiety

I love forums like this! Cars, motorcycles, you name it. Generally great information from decent folks. Thanks in advance.

I am a retired long-distance biker, a member of the Iron Butt Association. For years I have been riding quickly (and safely) around the country without stopping to see much. The goal was always to pile on the miles, which you can only do with your behind in the saddle. My wife will join me in retirement in a year or so. We are eager to travel together at a relaxed pace and think a motorhome would be a good way to do that. The Thor Axis 24.1 seems to appeal to us. Besides coming up with the money, there is only one problem. We have heard so many nightmare stories about all the things that don't work when an RV is new... or break within the first year, requiring excess time in the shop and lots of cash to fix. Are these problems unavoidable? Are there brands that are more reliable? How do the Thor Axis models compare with other RV's in terms of quality.

All opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Peace... Mack

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum