Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #23
Jasper

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Mandalay
State: Montana
THOR #15834
Tires for RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandserena View Post
The only dealership in our area is a Camping World that I'm not too impressed with. Where are you all going to get your RV tires? Of course, I've checked all of the "normal" tire places and they don't do RVs.
Not sure what you mean by normal tire place. Many tire dealers only sell car and small truck tires because they don't have the equipment to handle large tires.
But ................... any tire dealer who specializes in truck tires has the equipment and can obtain the tires for you.
A few years ago I got talked into putting truck tires on my 36' Winnebago. One of the dumbest things I ever did. They changed how the motorhome handled and they make our ride really stiff and we felt EVERY bump in the road.
Michelin and Goodyear both make a tire specifically designed for motorhomes. I have had both and they are significantly better tires for a motorhome. I prefer Michelin but you need to dollar shop and if Goodyear gives you a better deal they are good tires also.
Earilier this year I called about 20 different truck tire dealers for tires for my 40' Thor Mandalay. I got quotes from $4,000. to over $7,000. Camper World was the HIGHEST. I suggest you stay away from them. I ended up with 6 Michelin tires for $4004.52.

With a cell phone it cost nothing but time to call every truck tire dealer within a couple hundred miles. You definitely will find at least one that really wants to sell some tires. You may have to drive 150 miles but it may also save you a thousand dollars or more.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum